Tonight (8/21) 5-8PM, Skookum Brewing will be visiting The Beer Junction for the first time. They’ll be bringing along 5 different beers for a tap takeover and tasting event. Our experience with Skookum has been consistently positive. Their Olde Tom, Amber’s Hot Friend, and Breakfast of Crows are a few beers that we gravitate towards whenever they’re on tap.
From The Beer Junction:
We’ve got a fun event lined up with Arlington’s Skookum Brewery tomorrow night (Thursday August 21st; 5-8PM).
Skookum started in 2007 and through steady growth is starting to be able to offer more beer to the Seattle market.
The Head Brewer, Hollis, and their Cellarman, Adam, will both be here to sample out 5 of their beers. On tap we’ll have their Jackass IPA, Breakfast of Crows Imperial Stout (aged on whiskey chips), Olde Tom IPA (done with Belgian & American malts), Amber’s Hot Friend Amber Ale, and their brand new Daily Rind Citra Pale Ale. Try all 5 for just $4 from 5-8PM!
- Amber’s Hot Friend Amber Ale – An Amber Ale that has a very drinkable sweet malt body and hopped to perfect balance. 5.1% ABV
- Daily Rind Citra Pale Ale – Heavily hopped with Citra and Amarillo hops. Clementine Oranges, Limes, and Grapefruits are also included in the brew giving a big Citrus nose and flavor. 5.3% ABV ; 37 IBU
- Olde Tom IPA – An American style IPA using North American and Belgian malts. Amarillo and Northern Brewer make up a big part this IPA’s Hop bill. 6.1% ABV ; 55 IBU
- Jackass IPA – An always evolving and experimenting IPA. Keep the malt light and the Hops high. Galena, Chinook, Amarillo made it into this version. 7.0% ABV ; 70 IBU
- Breakfast of Crows Imperial Stout (aged on whiskey chips) – Imperial Oatmeal Stout that was rested on Old Crow Whiskey soaked Oak chips. Caramel, Black Licorice, Bourbon, Bakers Chocolate, and Oak are all there to be found. 7.9% ABV
If you haven’t gotten around to enjoying anything from Skookum before then we highly recommend stopping by The Beer Junction tonight!